What does Benefit Express offer you?
- A single phone number for most of your benefit needs
- Fast and accurate benefit information
- An interactive phone system available 24 hours a day
- Knowledgeable representatives available between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday
How do I reach Benefit Express?
Services Provided by Benefit Express
- Change your health care plan (during enrollment)
Non-union retirees can make changes only during the annual enrollment period. Union retirees can make changes if you are eligible for rolling enrollment.
- Add and update your dependents
Notify Benefit Express online or by telephone within thirty (30) days of any event (e.g. marriage, divorce, death of a spouse).
- Update your beneficiaries
To designate your beneficiary under the plans, you can change your beneficiary online or you can call Benefit Express.
- Update your name and/or address
If your address change results in a service area change for health care coverage, a change in selection of health care plans may be required.
- View provider directories
You can print a personalized provider directory from Your Benefits Resources web site during enrollment.
- Choose your primary care physician
You can select your primary care physician online via Your Benefits Resources web site.
- Request a Summary Plan Description (SPD)
A summary plan description is a handbook that contains detailed information of all your benefit plans. You can request a SPD by calling Benefit Express.
- Report the death of a retiree or a retiree spouse
Contact Benefit Express as soon as possible to report the death of a retiree and contact the applicable insurance carriers.
- Obtain an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form
You can elect to have your pension payment electronically transferred directly into your checking or savings account.
- Obtain a Tax Withholding form
Federal regulations require that you complete a tax withholding form when you retire upon which you indicate whether or not you wish to have federal income tax withheld from your monthly pension payment.
- Benefits for your surviving spouse
Contact Benefit Express to learn more about benefits available to your surviving spouse in the event of your death.
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
As soon as you are aware of any court proceedings, which may affect your retirement benefits, contact Benefit Express QDRO Unit at 888-409-3300.
- Cash Pay Administrator
The cash-pay administrator is Benefit Express regardless of the health care plan in which you are enrolled. You must contact Benefit Express within thirty days prior to your coverage termination if you or your surviving spouse wish to continue coverage by paying the required premium.
You are now able to access your benefit information through AccessDirect, Benefit Express's new voice response system. This new system uses the same Benefit Express phone number that you are currently using. However, after entering or saying your Social Security Number, the system will speak options to you to help you navigate through the call. These options are personalized to you based on the benefits that you are currently enrolled in or are eligible for.
The AccessDirect system allows you to:
- Navigate through the system using voice commands versus touch tone
- Connect to providers that you are currently enrolled in or are eligible for such as BlueCross BlueShield, Company Car programs, Merrill Lynch and Prudential Life Insurance Company to help answer your questions
- Connect to the Benefit Express Interactive Voice Response system or a Benefit Express Representative to help answer your questions
Your Benefits Resources (YBR) is a secure and convenient web site where you can learn about your DaimlerChrysler Corporation benefits and take action. What started off as a benefits enrollment web site has grown into a source of information and self-service where you can:
- learn about quality health care and treatment options
- find a hospital, physician or a dentist
- compare available health care plans
- view your current coverage
- change coverage as required by life events
- designate beneficiaries
Access Your Benefits Resources from work or home at http://resources.hewitt.com/daimlerchrysler
Using a Password
Access to the Benefit Express Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system requires the use of a password for security reasons. The same password is used for the Benefit Express IVR system as is used for the Your Benefits Resources web site The only difference is that when calling in to Benefit Express, you will have to convert your YBR password from letters into number using your telephone key pad.
For example, if you have set up your password in Your Benefits Resources to be a word or a word and numbers, you will have to convert the letters to numbers on your telephone key pad: e.g., "chrysler" = 24797537
Callers must have the Social Security Number and password in order to access account information and make changes. Any caller with the password will have complete access to the participant's account. Callers without a password, who are not the participant, will be denied. This process also allows the flexibility for a participant to change his/her password at any time to ensure other cannot gain access to their account. Participants need to remember to change their password when they believe that someone has misused their password, or when they no longer want others to access their account without their knowledge.
Some enhancements have been made to keep an individual's account as secure as possible. A member will no longer be able to immediately change their password online on the Your Benefits Resources web site or through the Benefit Express automated voice response system.
If a password is lost or forgotten, the member is advised to do the following:
- Speak with a Benefit Express Representative who will ask them to verify several pieces of personal information. Then, the password can be changed to one they will remember.